Monday, March 10, 2008

JUICY QUOTE (Erykah Badu in JET Magazine)

Monday, March 10, 2008 -- by Wow Jones

Promoting her new CD, singer, actress Erakah Badu has landed on the cover of both Essence Magazine and a recent JET magazine. If you are deemed worthy enough to land a cover of a nationl publication, it would behoove you to be ready with at the least a juicy quote.. Erakah Badu shows you that she is by using the services of our friend, Mr. Analogy.

In her JET cover story (March 3, 2008, Erykah Badu Tells Why It Took 5 Years for CD ‘New Amerykah’),




Erykah declares that she believes in “lifetimes not deadlines” when referring to five years that’s passed since her last offering and her latest CD. She explains,



“I’m more like an oven than a microwave,” -- Erykah Badu



Erykah goes on and elaborates on that point when she says, “I don’t quickly serve up something up just because people expect me to. I serve it up when it is well done, cooked and ready. I go by the lifeline, not by the deadline. I believe in lifelines not deadlines. I do it when I feel it.” Expounding on the last point, she further explains, “Deadline seems like some kind of finalization of a thing. Lifeline is when it is born and starts to live. A lifeline gives birth to something and giving birth is a process.”

Brilliant. The article goes on and has Erykah talk about her children, her new music, her life and her family. Read it when you can.

-- The Wow Jones Report

No comments: